Enrichment Wish List
Enrichment is an integral part of the daily care of the animals at the Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens. It helps animals demonstrate their natural behavior, adds variety to their day, allows them exercise, gives them choices in their environment, and enhances their well-being. The Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens’ Wish List is formed of enrichment items we use to keep our animals happy and healthy. Your gifts are tax deductible to the extent permitted by law.
For questions or to donate, contact Development at (904) 757-4463, ext.196 or email@example.com.
Betsy, our newest resident is a nearly 4 year old North American black bear. She is settling in nicely to her newly renovated exhibit but would love some added enrichment given by YOU! Check out her wish list here!
The Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens also welcomes donations from the public of the following items:
Please note: To ensure our animals’ well-being, we cannot accept homemade or expired items.
- Dried fruits, in unopened packages
- Sugar free juice (must be 100% juice)
- Regular juice (must be 100% juice)
- Sugar free jelly
- Grape jelly, regular
- Creamy natural peanut butter (no sweeteners)
- PediaSure (banana or strawberry)
- Mango or Papaya baby food
- Spices, of any kind, especially cinnamon, clove, nutmeg.
- Perfumes, of any kind, these can be already opened, but in original container.
- Polished stainless steel mirrors
- Disney or nature DVDs
- Non-toxic (child-proof) paints
- Milk crates
- Blankets, clean, or used
- Towels, clean, used
Other Zoo Needs
- Digital Video Camera
- 5 Vacuum cleaners
- Wet/dry vac
- Industrial brooms
- Floor squeegees
- Leaf blower (gas or rechargeable not electric)
- Mop buckets
- Pressure washer (min 2500 psi)
- Spotting scope
We also welcome gift cards from home improvement and pet stores!