*For the 2017 Spooktacular event, we will be hosting open auditions on Saturday, September 23rd from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. and on Monday, September 25th from 5:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. at the Jacksonville Zoo & Gardens Education campus. The minimum age to participate for characters is 14 years old and for scare actors the minimum age is 16 years old. Orientation will be merged with character training this year. Actors only need to attend one audition date. For additional information and a full character listing please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a corporate, social or service group of 10 – 20 people that would like to help with Spooktacular, let us know! We are registering volunteer groups until September 16, 2017 for the following:
· Be a “Carnie” in the traditional fall festival style activity area on the Great Lawn. Volunteers will assist children in the maze, direct guests and assist with fun fall festival games! Maximum 20 people. Minimum age is 14.
· Be a Candy Attendant in our Candy Loop throughout Wild Florida. Peter Pan & Far Far Away Land themed areas will hold 6 candy stations where attendants will pass out the candy and assist in the que line. Maximum 20 people. Minimum age is 14.
To book your group, e-mail: email@example.com.
Scarecrows, ghosts, and games… Oh My!
Come help Spooktacularize the Zoo!
Come help us create a variety of fall festival games that will be used on the Great Lawn during Spooktacular!! In addition to games, we will also be creating ghosts and scarecrows that will be placed throughout the Zoo to help create a fun atmosphere for the event! This one-night volunteer event is open to anyone who is at least 10 years old and has pre-registered.
When: Tuesday, October 3, 2017, 4:30 – 7:30 pm
Where: Jacksonville Zoo & Garden’s Parking Lot (near Picnic Grove)
370 Zoo Parkway, Jacksonville, FL 32218
1) All participants ages 10 - 16 must be accompanied by an adult. Minimum one adult chaperone per 5 minors.
2) Liability forms for all minors (17 & younger) must be signed by a parent/guardian.
3) Spaces are limited. Each individual person must pre-register & sign a liability form to participate.
Sign-up here to participate.
We will have the liability form available at the event. If you wish to download and sign the liability form to bring with you, you may do so here.