The Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens is currently seeking a part-time Teller with primary responsibilities focused on efficient and accurate processing of all money – cash, coin, check and credit cards. Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Prepare cashboxes for each register.
• Accurately count and verify daily monies (cash, coin, check and credit cards) for each point-of sale register and reconcile to daily work.
• Monitor safe to ensure cash balances are correct.
• Prepare deposits for pick up by armored truck personnel.
• Pick up cash from all outdoor machines as per established schedule.
• Complete accurately various daily or monthly reports (point of sale, daily revenue, Brinks Deposit Log), including balancing each day’s operations.
• Log all transactions accurately and balance each day’s monetary operations.
• Reports any discrepancies with daily work promptly to supervisor and works to quickly and accurately resolve any issue.
• Send out daily reporting in a timely manner as required.
Work schedule: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday – 6 hours per day.
Applicants must be able to sit for long periods of time. Some lifting of up to 25 lbs. is required. Ability to traverse zoo grounds and operate a motorized cart.
A high school diploma or its equivalent is preferred. Applicant must have minimum of 1 year high volume teller experience, good customer service skills and present a professional image along with being able to take direction from the Teller and Head Teller. Some college course work in accounting or finance is preferred. Must possess good math skills and be able to 10 key by touch. Working Knowledge of Microsoft Office Products: Word, Excel, Outlook and Point-of-Sale software reports is required.
EOE / DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
Please submit your resume in Word format via email to:
When emailing your resume, please include the position title in the “subject” line.