WEEKDAY GROUP GARDEN TOURS
Explore the Beauty and the Magic of the Gardens
Do you have a Garden Club or group of gardening friends that would love a personal tour of the lush gardens in the Jacksonville Zoo? Then check out our Group Garden Tours. It’s a 90-minute garden tour led by our knowledgeable Horticulture staff. The tour takes you down the River of Color, through the lush Savanna Blooms Garden, and concludes in the distinguished Trout River Gardens, with optional stops in Range of the Jaguar and Play Park. Luncheon and train ride returning to Main Camp are optional additions to complete your tour experience.
For more information, call (904) 757-4463, ext. 120.
Pre-registration is required.
Your tour will feature:
- The Garden Path - Rivers of color, a linear garden that links garden and exhibit destinations along the main path
- Savannah Blooms - Themed as a South African oasis the Zoo's first themed Pocket Garden
- Range of the Jaguar - Designed to create a new-world tropical forest
- Gardens at Trout River Plaza - An elegant Tuscan styled garden plaza with majestic columns, flowering vines and a celebratory water feature
- Asian Bamboo Garden - A tranquil garden that borrows from a range of different Asian garden styles and traditions. This portion of the tour can be added in lieu of the Range of the Jaguar
Catered lunches are available upon request for groups of 15 or more beginning at an additional charge of $15 per person.
Scheduling a Tour Group
Garden Tours are available Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. and must be scheduled a minimum of 2 week in advance. Tours last approximately 90 minutes. To make a reservation please call (904) 757-4463, ext. 120 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tours are booked with a minimum of 6 guests per tour. If your group exceeds 20, the tour can be split into separate groups for better interaction. We do encourage all participants to wear walking shoes. All paths are handicap accessible. Wheelchairs and/or electric scooters are available for rental on a first come first serve basis at the Train Booth once inside the park.