ZOOLights Frequently Asked Questions
Does my ZOOLights ticket include admission to everything, or are there additional fees?
Your ZOOLights ticket includes admission to the main ZOOLights event and is sure to delight guests of all ages. If you like, you can choose to add on certain extras:
- The Zoo’s Train Ride will be decorated with holiday décor and will be running from the Zoo’s Main Camp Train Station to the Trout River Train Station to give guests a look at special lights that are visible only from the Train. The Train will run with no stops and each Train Ticket is good for ONE ride on the tracks. Tickets are $2.00 for Adults and $1.00 for Children for both Zoo Members and Non-Members.
- The Zoo’s 4D Ride Experience will feature the holiday classic, Polar Express! Tickets for this attraction are $3.00 for Zoo Members and $4.00 for Non-Members.
- Ride the Zoo’s Wildlife Carousel for only $1.00.
- Stingray Bay will be open for $1.00 admission for Zoo Members and $2.00 admission for Non-Members.
- Skate on our “Warm Weather” Ice Skating Rink for $4 for Zoo Members and $5 for Non-Members.
- Special 3-D glasses that add an extra POP to your ZOOLights experience can be purchased for $2.00. Glow necklaces will also be available for $2.00. Snacks, keepsakes, and other gift shop items are available for purchase as well.
What time should I get there?
ZOOLights opens at 6:30 p.m. and closes at 9:30 p.m. on Monday-Thursday and 10:00 p.m. on Friday-Sunday.
The gates for ZOOLights will close 1 hour prior to the stated closing time. The last Train will run 30 minutes prior to closing. Activity lines will also close at this time.
What animals will be on exhibit during ZOOLights?
Many of the animals will be sleeping inside, however the giraffes, jaguars, and Lost Temple reptiles and primates will be open for guest viewing.
When will Santa be visiting the Zoo?
Santa will be taking photos with children each night from December 13th-24th. The line will be closed off 30 minutes prior to Zoo closing. Santa will also be at the Zoo Dec. 26-31 for his Florida vacation! Stop by the Great Lawn to see him relaxing at his beach shack!
Will ZOOLights be open on Christmas Day?
The Zoo and ZOOLights will be closed on Christmas Day, December 25, but will be open on Christmas Eve, December 24, and New Year’s Eve, December 31.
I am buying a ticket online. Where do I select the date I want to attend ZOOLights?
Tickets are good for any one night of ZOOLights. You do not have to select a specific date when purchasing your ticket.
Does my 2 year old need a ZOOLights ticket?
All ZOOLights guests will need a ticket. Children 2 and under are free, but an Under 3 Ticket must be requested at the time of purchase, either online or at the ticket window.
What if my ZOOLights tickets I ordered online do not print?
Please print the confirmation e-mail you received and/or bring the credit card you used to purchase the tickets to the Guest Services window. They will be able to look up your tickets.
Will food be available for purchase?
Yes. The Zoo will be serving food from special ZOOLights themed menus, including the chance to roast marshmallows to make s’mores!
How long will it take me to walk the entire path?
We recommend at least two hours to fully enjoy all that ZOOLights has to offer.
Can I rent a stroller?
Strollers, scooters and wheelchairs are available for rent just across from the Main Camp Train Station. They are available on a first-come-first-served basis.
If I come by boat, can I get in free?
ZOOLights is a special after-hours event. Arrival by boat is not permitted, and boaters will not have access to the Zoo.
What do I do if it rains?
ZOOLights continues rain or shine. As such, if it rains, we recommend you bring ponchos.
Is ZOOLights handicap accessible?
All ZOOLights venues are handicap accessible; however, the bouncy house at the Fairground area may not be appropriate for some guests.
You didn’t answer my question here. Who can I talk to?
Please feel free to call us at (904) 757-4463, ext. 211.